Arnab Goswami is an Indian Journalist and TV news presenter. He is the managing director and Editor-in-chief of the news channel Republic TV. He is known for his aggressive and investigative journalism. He is a role model for many who want to do fierce journalism. What can be learnt from Arnab is the consistency and courage to raise questions.
Arnab Goswami was born on 9 October 1973 in Guwahati, Assam, India. He is the son of Manoranjan Goswami, a retd. colonel and Suprabha Goswami. His sister is in Indian Defence and his brother-in-law is also in Indian Defence Services. As his father was an army officer, Arnab spent his childhood in various cities attending different schools. Also Read : Rajat Sharma Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Profile
Arnab completed his primary education from Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cantonment, and went to Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cantonment to complete his senior secondary education. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the Hindu College, Delhi University. He completed his Master’s in Social Anthropology from Oxford University, England. He is married to his college love Samyabrata Ray Goswami. She is also a journalist and a co-owner of Republic TV.
In 1990, Arnab Goswami started his career in Journalism with The Telegraph in Kolkata and within a year moved to Delhi and joined NDTV. He worked as a news broadcaster at NDTV for three years and later, became the news editor there. He hosted his own show on NDTV and even co-anchored a show with Rajdeep Sardesai. He won the Best News Anchor of Asia award in 2004 for his show titled Newsnight.
In the year 2006, Arnab Goswami joined Times Now as its editor-in-chief. He hosted the show Newshour and a special programme, Frankly Speaking with Arnab. He interviewed personalities like Benazir Bhutto, Hamid Karzai, Dalai Lama, Hillary Clinton, and Narendra Modi. In November 2016, he left Times Now. On 6 May 2017, he launched his own news channel Republic TV, Which grabbed the number one spot within a week of its launch after defeating its rival, Times Now. Also Read : Rahul Kanwal Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Profile
Wiki – Bio :
|Date of Birth / Age :||09 October 1973 / 47 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Arnab|
|Full Name :||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Birth Place :||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Home Town :||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Brahmin|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Libra|
|Height :||180 Cm|
|Education :||Graduation in Sociology; Masters in Social Anthropology|
|School :||Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cant; Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jabalpur Cant|
|College / University :||Hindu College, Delhi University; Oxford University, England|
|Profession :||Journalist, News Anchor|
|Debut TV / Current TV :||NDTV (1995) / Republic TV|
|Net Income / Worth :||Rs 1 Cr / Month (approx)|
|Affairs / Girlfriends / Ex :||Pipi Goswami (Samyabrata Ray)|
|Marital Status :||Married|
|Wife :||Samyabrata Ray Goswami (Pipi Goswami)|
|Parents :||Manoranjan Goswami (Father), Suprabha Goswami (Mother)|
|Siblings :||Brother – None, Sister – One|
|Hobbies :||Reading, Traveling, Watching Movies|
|Food Habit :||Non Vegetarian|
|Favorite Food :||N/A|
|Favorite Actor :||N/A|
|Favorite Actress :||N/A|
|Favorite Musician :||Bhupen Hazarika|
|Favorite Politician :||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Address :||Bombay Dyeing Compound, Worli, Mumbai – 400018|
|Contact / Email :||N/A|
|Social Profile :||He is not available on Social Media|
Republic Media Network ( Republic TV ) :
Republic TV was launched on 6 May 2017 as a free to air channel. Arnab Goswami’s Republic Media Network presently owns and operates two channels namely Republic TV in English and Republic Bharat in Hindi. Major investors were Arnab, his wife Samyabrata Ray, Rajeev Chandrasekhar’s Asianet News Media, educationists Ramdas Pai and Ramakanta Panda, all of whom invested through SARG Media Holding Private Ltd.
In May 2019, Goswami bought a chunk of shares held by Rajeev Chandrasekhar promoted Asianet News Media and Entertainment to gain near full ownership. Later Republic Media Network released a statement stating that Goswami personally owns over 82 per cent stake in Republic TV and that the company also owns 99 per cent equity in the downstream digital entity that controls the digital assets of the network. It was the most watched English news channel in India for 100 weeks in a row since its founding. Also Read : Anjana Om Kashyap Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Profile
Resignation from Editors Guild :
In the wake of the 2020 Palghar mob lynching, on 21 April 2020, during his live show, Arnab resigned from Editors Guild. He accused Shekhar Gupta of leading the compromise on journalism for not speaking on icidents like this. On 8 December 2019, he was unanimously elected as the President of News Broadcasting Federation, a newly formed federation of about 78 channels, which sought to replace NBSA.
- Asian Television Award for Best Presenter or Anchor – 2003
- Society Young Achievers Award – 2007
- Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism – 2010
- Assamese of the Year Award by News Live – 2010
- ENBA Awards for News Television Editor-in-Chief of the year – 2012
Books : Combating Terrorism : The Legal Challenge – 2002
- Shashi Tharoor filed a civil defamation case against Arnab Goswami and Republic TV in Delhi High Court. Shahi Tharoor claimed that from May 8-13, Arnab linked him with his wife Sunanda Pushkar’s death in 2014.
- In March 2015, while he was driving towards Worli in Mumbai, he saw a businessman driving his Lamborghini car at a high speed on the Bandra Worli Sea Link. After that, Arnab called the Mumbai Police to take some action, and Police arrested the businessman later.
- In April 2020, he faced allegations for using derogatory words against Sonia Gandhi (Calling her Antonio Maino) during a panel discussion on his show about the Palghar lynching in Maharashtra. Multiple FIRs were lodged against him for this act.
- In connection with the 2020 Palghar mob lynching case, several FIR were filed against Arnab, regarding his alleged use of inflammatory language, as well as claims of misinformation.
- Two Republic TV staff and a taxi driver were arrested on 8 September 2020 for allegedly trespassing on a farmhouse of Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray in Raigad district.
- On 4 November 2020, Arnab Goswami was arrested by Raigad Police in connection with abetment to suicide case of 2018. He was charged under Section 306 and Section 34 of IPC by Police. His arrest in old and closed case seems like confontation between Arnab Goswami and Uddhav Thackeray. On November 11, 2020, the Supreme Court of India granted interim bail to him.
Some Known Facts About Arnab Goswami :
- Does Arnab Goswami Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Arnab Goswami Drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He originally belongs to a village in Assam’s Borpeta district, but his family migrated to Shillong and then got settled in Guwahati.
- His grandfather, Rajani Kanta Goswami was a judge and a freedom fighter who served as a leader of the Indian National Congress.
- Sonia Gandhi was the first person to be interviewed by Arnab Goswami.
- Though, he has an image of not letting others speak on his show, but, in real life, he is a good listener.
- In 2015, Goswami became the first journalist to ring the opening bell at the BSE on its 140th year.
- His news channel, Republic TV, is located at the Bombay Dyeing Compound, Worli, Mumbai.
- On 6 May 2017, he launched his own English news channel Republic TV, which became the first news channel in India to be aired live on Hotstar.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter and Facebook or Mail us at email@example.com