Rahul Gandhi is an Indian politician and a member of parliament from Wayanad, Kerala, India in Loksabha. He hails from Nehru-Gandhi family. He was the president of the Indian National Congress Party from 16 December 2017 to 3 July 2019. He is also a trustee of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust.
Rahul Gandhi was born on 19 June 1970 in New Delhi, India. He is the son of Late Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India and Italy-born Sonia Gandhi, former UPA President. He is an elder brother to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who is married to Robert Vadra. Rahul is the grandson of Indira Gandhi and Feroze Gandhi. His uncle, Late Sanjay Gandhi, was a politician. His aunt, Maneka Gandhi, and cousin, Varun Gandhi are also politicians.
Rahul Gandhi attended St. Columba’s School in Delhi before entering The Doon School, The Mall Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Later on, he was home-schooled, along with his sister, Priyanka. He joined St. Stephen’s College, Delhi to attain his graduate degree but moved to Harvard University after giving the first-year examination. In 1991, when Rahul’s father, Rajiv Gandhi, was assassinated by the Tamil Tigers, he shifted to Rollins College, Florida due to security reasons. He obtained his Bachelors of Arts from Rollins College in 1994.
Rahul Gandhi marked his entry into politics by contesting the 2004 Lok Sabha elections for the first time from Amethi Constituency, Uttar Pradesh. He won the Lok Sabha elections with a victory margin of over 100,000 votes. On 24 September 2007, Rahul was appointed as the General Secretary of All India Congress Committee; later, given the charge of National Student Union of India and Indian Youth Congress. Also Read : Amit Shah Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Profile
In 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Rahul retained his Amethi seat by defeating his rival by a huge margin. Then, in January 2013, he was appointed as the vice-president of the Indian National Congress. In the 2014 General Elections, he defeated his opponent, Smriti Irani, to retain his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi Constituency. On 11 December 2017, Rahul Gandhi became the President of the Indian National Congress.
In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Rahul Gandhi won the Wayanad seat but lost Amethi seat to BJP’s Smriti Irani by a margin of 55,120 votes. Soon after the results of the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he gave his resignation from the post of the President of the Indian National Congress in front of the Congress Working Committee; however, the committee did not accept his resignation. Finally after huge criticism, On 3 July 2019, he quit as Congress chief. In an open letter, he held himself accountable for the 2019 Lok Sabha loss.
Rahul Gandhi Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||19 June 1970 / 51 Years (as in 2021)
|Nick Name :||RaGa|
|Full Name :||Raul Vinci / Rahul Gandhi|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||New Delhi, India /New Delhi (Ancestral – Italy)|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Gemini|
|Religion :||Father’s Maternal Grandfather Side – Hinduism
Grandfather Side – Islam
Maternal Grandfather Side – Christianity
|Height :||170 Cm
|Weight :||70 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Brown|
|Hair Color :||Brown|
|Father :||Late Rajiv Gandhi|
|Mother :||Sonia Gandhi|
|Marital Status :||Unmarried|
|Spouse / Wife / Girlfriend :||Veronique Cartelli, Noal Zaher (Rumor)|
|Siblings :||Priyanka Gandhi Vadra|
|Rlatives :||Cousin – Varun Gandhi, Aunty- Maneka Gandhi, Uncle – Late Sanjay Gandhi, Brother-in-Law – Robert Vadra, Grand Father – Late Feroze Gandhi, Grand mother – Late Indira Gandhi, Maternal Grand Father – Late Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Qualification :||Bachelor of Arts from Rollins College, Florida, United States, M.Phil from Trinity College, Cambridge, England (Not Verified)|
|School :||St. Columba’s School, Delhi, IndiaThe Doon School, The Mall Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|College / Universities :||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, IndiaHarvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, U.S.
Trinity College, Cambridge, England
|Political Party :||Congress|
|Net Income / Salary / Net Worth :||RS 1 Lakh + Allowances / 15.88 Cr (Approx)|
|Email / Contact :||To be updated|
|Address :||12 Tughlak Lane, New Delhi|
|Favorite Food :||Non Vegetarian|
|Food Habit :||Noodles, Cold Drinks|
|Favorite Politicians :
||Rajiv Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru|
|Favorite Actor :||To be updated|
|Favorite Actress :||To be updated|
- In 2010 He Comments that Hindu Extremism is more dangerous than Islamic Militancy. [s]
- Rahul Gandhi College Certificate name (Real) and date did not match with what he claimed. He landed in a controversy regarding his M Phil degree from Cambridge, Massachusetts, Unites States. He faced severe criticism when his name did not match with the one mentioned in the official documents.
- Rahul, along with his friends, has faced allegations for raping a girl in Uttar Pradesh. However, the charges were later dropped by the Supreme Court. [s]
- During a campaign, He Comments that Poverty is only a state of mind.
- In 2014, Rahul Gandhi tried to establish a connection between the suffering of the womenfolk of the country with the ‘Hindutva’ forces to prove a political point, “Those who go to the temples, worship the goddess, refer to women as daughters and mothers, molest women in the bus.” [s]
- He was also charged for the corruption in the National Herald Case, He is out on Bail now.
- He Regrets in court on his comments in lok sabha election 2019 that even the supreme court has accepted that Chowkidar Chor Hai.
- During election campaign in Rajasthan, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi indirectly called PM Narendra Modi as Panauti in 2023.
Social Life and Political Journey of Rahul Gandhi :
- In 2004, he was elected to the Lok Sabha for the first time from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 24 September 2007, he was appointed General Secretary of All India Congress Committee.
- In the 2009 General Elections, he retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency.
- In January 2013, he was elevated to the position of the vice-president of Indian National Congress.
- He retained his Lok Sabha seat from the Amethi constituency in the 2014 General Elections.
- On 11 December 2017, he was elected President of the Indian National Congress.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he registered a win from the Waynaad Constituency; however, he lost the Amethi seat to BJP’s Smriti Irani
- On 3 July 2019, he quit as Congress chief.
- In 2022-2023, Rahul Gandhi did Bharat Jodo Yatra from Kanyakumari to Kashmir, which covered many states of India.
Some Known Facts About Rahul Gandhi :
- Does Rahul Gandhi Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rahul Gandhi Drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Rahul is the sone of Late Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
- He is the grandson of late Indira Gandhi and Feroze Gandhi.
- He is the great grandson of Late Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Because of the Sikh extremism after Indira Gandhi’s assassination, Rahul was mostly home schooled along with his sister.
- After his father’s assassination in 1991, he shifted to Rollins College from Harvard University due to security reasons.
- He used the name ‘Raul Vinci’ in his college days.
- After graduation, Rahul Gandhi worked at a management consulting firm in London.
- In 2004, he announced to take part in the active politics and contested his first Lok Sabha election from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- Rahul Gandhi allegedly dated a Spanish architect, Veronique Cartelli, from Venezuela; whom he met while studying in England. [s]
- There were whispers about Rahul dating Noal Zaher the grand daughter of the deposed king of Afghanistan, Zahir Shah, but the report never confirmed by either. [s]
- He is often mocked as ‘Pappu’ on social media. Once, former cabinet minister Venkaiah Naidu called him ‘Pappu Ji’ in the Lok Sabha. Since then social media has made many trolls of his name.
- On 21 July 2018, during his speech in parliament, he unexpectedly hugged PM Narendra Modi and winked towards party colleagues.
Disclaimer : We Strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on or Mail us at email@example.com